The laboratory technician will perform laboratory testing in support of the company's field operations. This is an entry level part-time position for a leading solids control company with potential for advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort, organize, and catalogue incoming samples from field operations.
- Operate laboratory equipment such as retorts, vent hoods, scales, viscometers, particle size analyzers, and other equipment.
- Perform laboratory tests according to established standards.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of results.
- Manage equipment and chemical inventories.
- Regularly evaluate and refine lab processes.
- Identify inefficiencies and propose changes.
- Develop and coordinate sample delivery schedules.
- Continually learn and apply best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of computers and software such as Microsoft Office. Ability to make and record accurate measurements. Good written and oral skills. Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to use tools. Self sufficient and able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to handle multiple projects, data, paperwork, and files.
Flexible schedule. Ideal position for undergraduate/graduate student seeking industry experience.